The Work Local was a UEA funded initiative developed by two local entrepreneurs. I was hired to develop and build an online platform that would meet the following criteria.
- Allow site administrators to add venues to a database
- Allow venues to sign up and submit their businesses to the database
- Allow users to search for local venues using distance and amenity-based filters
- Filtered search results to be presented on a map
- Allow users to create accounts and to review and rate venues and their amenities
- Create a mobile app version (Phase 2)
The clients had provided designs for the homepage and venue single pages in desktop format created in Adobe XD, and cited online platforms such as TripAdvisor, Just Park and AirB&B as models.