- 3 Brutally Honest Observations After 1000+ Contractor Business Assessments – Benji Carlson
- Cash Flow with 3 Easy Moves
- The fifth annual Women in Leadership Event celebrates and inspires trailblazers
- hind-smith.com launches online camper and group registration system for Hockey Opportunity Camp.
- Camp Quality contracts hind-smith.com to create their enterprise iPad sales application.
- hind-smith.com to the build a FileMaker based solution for the Province of Nova Scotia’s Motor Carrier Division
Moxie Trades is the home of the original pink work boot for women, and the brainchild of Marissa McTasney, who happens to be full of moxie. As a woman working in construction, Marissa needed boots to keep her safe on the job. Being fashion conscious, she went looking construction bookkeeping for pink steel-toed boots, but couldn’t find any. She quickly saw an opportunity to cater to the growing number of women trades. Established in 2008, Moxie Trades products are designed for women, by women, combining the best of comfort, safety, design and fashion.
They focused on both street sales and catering, and their first catering customer was MySpace. Initially, they had forecast for more sales through the truck, but within a few months, the catering business was the primary component. “That was the problem we ended up solving.” Now, 95% of their truck business is through private catering, and they have two brick-and-mortar stores in Los Angeles. Bryan doesn’t believe he’s put in an honest day’s work unless he gets his hands dirty! A natural-born teacher, the Gemini-award winning host has been educating and entertaining viewers across Canada and the US for over seven years on the hit shows House of Bryan, Disaster DIY, and Leave it to Bryan.
3 Brutally Honest Observations After 1000+ Contractor Business Assessments – Benji Carlson
“I realized that the whole point of me starting this was that I brought something new to the table. I offered something unique, which was the vibe of the show.” Her credibility as a journalist allowed her to cultivate a more independent viewpoint on current affairs, allowing folks to trust her unbiased POV and her approachable voice. But Erica’s passion wasn’t just the news—it was the news in a whole new way. In 2017, she left CBS to launch The NewsWorthy, a daily news podcast that offered a “fair, fast and fun” look at the day’s top stories, all delivered in fifteen minutes or less. When she started, audiences were tuning out the news altogether, saying it was too biased, time-consuming, depressing, and overwhelming.
- To support this activity, Levitt publishes a 500+ page colour catalogue that in the past required a significant amount of manual design time to produce.
- The system also includes web integration with Dalhousie’s website.
- Web content management with multiple category, features and web page positioning options.
- Growing the company meant growing out of his “craft,” which was coding, and into management and leadership.
- The company has contracted us to provide ongoing support for their FileMaker 11 application that manages mission critical production and accounting.
“While nailing aluminum siding on houses may not seem glamorous, I was developing an understanding of business and construction,” she said. Working with our partners at design firm Interfusion () hind-smith.com helped launch the new Sony Store Pulse websites. Hind-smith.com is hosting the site at our centre, providing web analytics of traffic, and will be developing web enabled CRM applications to tie in with Sony’s new loyalty marketing program. The Heart and Stroke Foundation is a national voluntary non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the health of Canadians by preventing and reducing disability and death from heart disease and stroke through research, health promotion and advocacy.
Cash Flow with 3 Easy Moves
Zzeem chooses hind-smith.com to support and host their association management solution. Hind-smith.com is working with Osler technical department to consolidate and update their Filemaker databases and technical infrastructure. The graduate training program in oral and maxillofacial surgery is a six-year program. It is a joint program leading to an MD/MSc in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The department has asked us to develop an application to manage the intake, diagnosis, and reporting tools to manage the program. With over 35 years in the roofing business, Luc’s roofing pride themselves in exceptional workmanship in all facets of the construction & repair of residential roofs throughout the Toronto areas.
- When Erin Bagwell decided to turn to Kickstarter to get her movie off the ground, she didn’t expect to raise over $100K in 30 days, but that’s exactly what happened.
- There was no Shark Tank.” She helped bring stories of entrepreneurship into people’s living rooms and shared the good, the bad, and the ugly with viewers.
- The FileMaker 17 Platform release focuses on innovative updates for mobility and development to make custom apps even more versatile and easier to create.
- The Alberta Union of Public Employees have hired us to create a tool that processes data files from various employers into a consistent format that will be accepted by AUPE’s Unionware SQL software.
- George is president of the Grand Valley Construction Association; Lawson is vice-president and general manager of homebuilder Dalerose Country Inc.; and McTasney is founder and president of Moxie Trades Ltd., which designs and distributes women’s work wear.
- Before she even got started, Natasha wanted to “change the game” when it came to ice cream and who it was for.
The system will include an offline / synchronization engine so that inspectors are not reliant on an internet connection, but can sync data to CON-TEST servers at the end of the day. Get rid of scattered info, ad hoc processes, and rigid technology. When the ‘off the shelf’ solution doesn’t work, we’re really good. The upgraded FileMaker Server 16 simplifies credential management with support for OAuth 2.0. And use FileMaker data in other popular apps and services with the REST-based FileMaker Data API trial. Understanding neurodivergence as a creative working with other brands has been tough but necessary.
The efficiency of staff administering the sites has been dramatically improved. Funnel Communications, Canada’s largest association management agency has partnered with hind-smith.com to create web based portal systems to help associations manage and deliver their data to their members and the public. The system we are building combines a powerful web portal, iPad application, and desktop software to provide useful tools for tenants, property managers, and shareholders . Hind-smith.com has a created a FileMaker 12 based solution that allows global HISS staff to archive and meta tag all their proposals, contracts, and other mission critical documents so that they can be located and accessed by HISS staff around the globe. Global HISS staff can also upload documents into the system, providing a real time searchable repository of all HISS documents. Flagworks is an award winning Alberta corporation that manufactures & distributes flags, banners, hardware, pageantry and corporate specialty products throughout North America.
It might seem counterintuitive to give away knowledge that she could be charging for, but Nai says it’s actually a sales driver when she does. For Jewish girls, the bat mitzvah is a pivotal moment of becoming a young adult and joining the adult community. For Rebecca, this was a foundational step in the lifelong process of becoming a fashion mogul. Now, in 2021, Rebecca Minkoff has flagship stores in LA, Hong Kong and New York City, among others; she’s also distributed by more than 900 companies worldwide. Dream, Girl went on to premiere at the Obama White House in 2016. In her first full year of filmmaking, she made over $100K in sales and employed a team of two.
The fifth annual Women in Leadership Event celebrates and inspires trailblazers
That was before women began not only doing more DIY around the home, but entering the construction trade in numbers. As they did, they often found that safety apparel was not designed with them in mind. To get off to a safe start, they suggest homeowners always use CSA-approved products and be wary of items with unrecognizable brands names, missing instructions, prices that are “too good to be true” or that contain CSA logos that look even a little bit off. Robyn Green-Ruskin is one example of how women entrepreneurs can defy categories.